Keep It Authentic
Whether you are young, old, rich or poor, do not isolate yourself and think that you have the world at your fingertips; it’s a fantasy. No matter how talented or successful you are, isolation will eat you alive; first will come the insecurity and anxiety, followed by the inevitable depression. A lone wolf mentality does not last.
Emotional intelligence involves having self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, assertiveness, empathy and social skills; the ability to make connections. Strong friendships, family relationships and other connections are key to developing excellent mental health.
Whether you are a student, lawyer or NBA baller, the benefits from making prosperous connections are enormous:
- New friendships that will bring you happiness and love
- A boost in confidence (being able to handle multiple connections will increase your sense of value)
- Improved social skills (the more you interact with different types of people, the more diversity you expose yourself too)
- Gaining new knowledge and insight (people come from many different walks of life; there is always something new you can learn)
- Helps keep depression away (depression strives best when we are lonely and vulnerable; keep the depression door shut and open the social doors that will bring you happiness and prosperity)
Lastly, do not take advantage of your connections; your selfishness will not go unnoticed forever. Be authentic and strive to learn and build with your connections; sharing is caring!
The DSM Ready Movement is about building an international community focused on bringing people together to achieve a happier and healthier state of mind! 😎
Are you Ready? (This is Defeating Stigma Mindfully)