Life During The Coronavirus Pandemic
As COVID-19 cases continue to surge around the world, multiple countries are implementing 4-week national lockdowns. Whether the U.S. will be next is still yet to be seen, but it is my opinion that national or even local lockdowns are a terrible idea for the following reasons:
- Small business owners are losing their income
- The economy is crumbling
- Many who are home are experiencing mental illnesses such as depression and anxiety
- Many who are home are using more substances such as alcohol and marijuana
- Lockdowns create uncertainty and fear in many people
- Lockdowns force many people with a mental illness to remain home rather than being out and about
- Lockdowns promote more virtual communication via Zoom and Webex rather than in-person interactions
. . . and the list goes on. The worst part about it is that even if we protest against lockdowns, the federal government will do what they wish; this is a form of control and a big middle finger to the people who elected them in the first place. It’s truly a dark time that we are living in, but we must make the most out of it and remain positive no matter the unfortunate events of this time.
What are your thoughts?
Are you Ready? (This is Defeating Stigma Mindfully)