Severely Mentally Ill And Suffering From Delusions

When Delusions Take Over Reality

Sanity is often taken for granted and not given enough recognition. We live our lives on autopilot, coasting through our days with little worry and concern about our mental health; until a disturbance in our consciousness becomes evident. Then we slow down, press the pause button and wonder, “what was that?”

Now imagine having no pause button because you never had a signal to slow down. Your final destination becomes questionable because you are now confronted with suspicions, beliefs or worries which you never previously thought about. And the scary part is that you start to believe these delusions without knowing them to be delusions.

Imagine believing that your mind is controlled by a government, that there are electrodes placed inside of you, that shoes give you electric shocks or that someone famous is in love with you. 10% of the time you question these beliefs, leaving you 90% of the time in a twilight state.

Imagine no longer being able to tell the difference between what is real and what is not; slowly, more ideas and situations become incorporated into your delusional world. You don’t know what to believe anymore! You are slowly being robbed of your reality, piece by piece, minute by minute; a fictional world now stands as your best bet of becoming your final destination.

And what is a final destination which does not exist?

Delusional Disorder.

Imagine.

Are you Ready? (This is Defeating Stigma Mindfully)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s