Ketogenic Diet: Peanut Butter
If you consider peanut butter to only be for children, you are missing out on many health benefits! Besides being good for you, it is an excellent source of energy prior to working out or playing sports; in particular tennis!
If you do not eat peanut butter, you should start this tasty treat immediately! (considering that you do not have any allergies)
Here are the following health benefits:
- Protein (helps build muscle, repairs tissues and is a building block of bones, cartilage, skin and blood)
- Magnesium (important for bone formation, assists with calcium absorption and even relieves anxiety)
- Phosphorous (helps aid in the building of healthy cells and bones)
- Zinc (important for the immune system which fights infections, protein synthesis and DNA formation)
- Niacin (helps with digestion and nerve function and helps produce energy)
- Vitamin B6 (necessary for the heart and immune system)
- Weight loss (improves satiety or the feeling of fullness, which helps you avoid unnecessary snacks and oversized meals)
- Improves hearth health (monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids as well as niacin, magnesium and vitamin E are good for your heart)
- Helps with bodybuilding (provides a good amount of protein and gives you energy before your workouts)
- Reduces the risk of breast cancer (eating peanut butter from a young age reduces the risk of developing benign breast disease, which results in a lowered risk of developing breast cancer)
To add even more flavor to it, spread it on two pieces of bread mixed with strawberry jam; the flavor will get you going for whatever activity you have in mind immediately after.
The DSM Ready Movement is about promoting a healthy lifestyle with the goal of improving mind, body and soul!
Are you Ready? (This is Defeating Stigma Mindfully)